Monday, May 14, 2012

High Opinion

This morning while we were eating breakfast, Noah was talking to me while I was reading something and I didn't notice until about halfway through his sentence.

"What?" I said.

"Were you listening to me before?" he asked.

"No, sorry. What did you say?"

He started talking again very slowly. "I was saying that I can't wait until I get to see Oma and Opa. Because it's going to be very soon," he said.

"Yeah, that's right."

"Did you get all that?"

Me, "Yeah....why?"

Noah, "I was worried I might be talking to fast for you to understand."

Me, "Glad you have such a high opinion of me, Noah."

He thought about it for a second, then said. "Well you are a lot taller than me."

A few minutes later, he observed, "God understands you even when you are talking as fast as you can. That's because he has the biggest mind. And he is the highest."


No comments:

Post a Comment